Sunday, March 15, 2009

My day off

So here I am having a day off. Children at school. By staying in bed with the laptop, I can't see the house, or the mess or the washing. Pretty soon though the need for coffee is going to drive me out of bed. The weather is wet and windy. And I have to say that after all these months/years of drought rain is very welcome. So I have sat here and finished my layout that I have been working on for the word up challenge at scrapmatters. Here it is.
I used a new kit (told you I had to use some of the new ones that I have been busily buying) called The walk of the lovers. It is by Choubinette who is a French designer. It is a huge kit with lots of interesting elements, I liked the filmy red fabric and the net edging. And of course I have to say that I love this song so when I had to find a title in a foreign language this was the first thing that came to me.
Yesterday I finished up another layout, this time using a template I found over at we are storytellers. I thought it was a bit different and for this one I used the huge freebie kit called Endless Love by Mimilou Forum, another French group of designers. This kit was massive, there is over 400 pieces in it!
I have been trying to get a bit of scrapbooking done, despite being completely exhausted, so at least I feel like i achieve something besides go to work, sleep and be a terrible mother. (not at my best when i am tired).
Now no freebies from me today, but if you went off and signed up for the newsletter at scrapthatidea like I did, then you will have the links for your qp album today! So that should give you plenty to play with. There are a few other cute little bits and pieces too, but I won't ruin your surprise. Enjoy! I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment